Reflecting on the Fast
Having finishing our church-wide fast, here’s what some have said they learned from the experience…
– I was reminded every time I wanted to break my fast how much Jesus gave up for me. God is so good. He is with us through all things!!! BE THANKFUL
– One of my fasts as to stay off social media. I learned I can be more productive and relaxed without it. I will continue to limit social media.
– Fasting for the past 2 weeks reminded me that I’m a partner in a church that preaches/lives out truth! Praise the Lord!
– My fast was limiting my PC game playing. That was harder than giving up a food. This taught me about my time isn’t always spent on what’s most important. Amen.
– Starting going through uncertain times at work again. Through fasting I was reminded of all God’s grace through hard times and good. He is always with me and my family!! Thank you Jesus!
– Yes, I did fast. I learned that even above my daily devotions, I need to study more of His word daily.
– Fasted desserts and Facebook. Learned how much time I wasted. Acts study of Saul’s ministry and how God will use us no matter our past. I need to be aware of distractions-Facebook.
– God taught me that determination in my health takes discipline. This discipline starts by not wasting time on useless things as social media.
– I fasted and wow!! What an awesome time with the Lord. This fast for me was long overdue. He used the time that I had freed up to speak to me and for me to talk to Him. Thank you.
– Patience; be still and quiet. Wait on God and let Him speak through me. True wisdom and knowledge is available to us if we seek and listen.
– God taught me that all too often our prayers in times of trouble focus on our circumstances and we forget to pray about the condition of our hearts in those circumstances.
– I fasted every drink except water and learned that the promises I make to God are more important than the things tempting me. The promise I made to God to fast was way more important to me than every time temptation tried to break me.
– God showed me I did not need the sugar or cokes. He also spoke to me when I was tempted to eat sweets or drink coke. These were the things I was in bondage to and I had no control over them. I praise God for setting me free!
– I fasted from drinking anything but water and God taught me that you can overcome temptation when you put everything into Jesus. It was an amazing growth between me and God in 2 weeks.
– Thank you Brad and Chris for today! My fast was eating Paleo without all sweeteners (no grain, no sugar, no caffeine, etc). What God did in me: He showed me that I had neglected to receive His love on a daily basis. I got back on track. He freed me from shame I didn’t know I had and has helped me to live in more freedom through and because of receiving His love every day. As a result, this has opened my eyes to love certain others in the way they receive love best. All praises be to Him! Also because He loves me, I’m taking better care of myself. Praise Jesus!
– Fasting for the first “real” time and it was great! God showed up big time for me.
– I fasted media – specifically Facebook and Netflix. I learned how fidgety I am, how quickly/often I turn to media for distraction. It was a struggle to be still and to be quiet. To not need to be entertained all the time. I read more in the past 2 weeks (fiction and non-fiction) than I have in a year. God showed me the importance of being quiet; being still.
– During this fast, God proved that there is nothing I am dependent on on this earth. I am dependent completely on God. I did not think that I could quit coffee, and the first 3 days were very difficult but then I started waking up and going to sleep much quicker. God is good! He is faithful in all things.
– I gave up fast food, pretty hard in my job driving around. If I prepared, then the meals were there. Just as my Bible is there preparing me for life.